Tex-Mex 7 Layer Dip
🔸 2 canned Refried Beans (16 oz)
🔸 2 canned Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (10 oz)
🔸 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
🔸 1 ½ tsp Ground Cumin
🔸 3/4 tsp Salt
🔸 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
🔸 5 large, ripe Avocados
🔸 3 Tbsp Lime juice
🔸 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
🔸 Sour Cream (24 oz)
🔸 3 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
🔸 1 canned Black Olives (6 oz)
🔸 1 large Tomato (diced)
🔸 1 stalk Green Onion (chopped)
1. In large bowl, mix 2 canned refried beans with 2 canned, Diced Tomato & Green Chilies (drained - do not add the liquid), 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 1/2 Ground Cumin, 3/4 tsp Salt, and 1/2 tsp Black Pepper. Spread mixture on a large platter or baking dish.
2. Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit, skin, and place them in a mixing bowl. Add 3 Tbsp Lime Juice to prevent it from browning. Mash the avocados with a fork and make it as chunky or smooth as you'd like. Add 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro and 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder. Spread an even layer on top of the bean layer.
3. Add 24 oz Sour Cream. Spread the layer evenly on top of the guacamole layer.
4. Add 3 cups Mexican Shredded Cheese evenly on top of the Sour Cream.
5. Top with Black Olives, diced Tomatoes, and chopped Green Onion. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips.
Note: You can also make this dip a day in advance. Make sure it’s refrigerated until serving time.