Steamed Garlic Butter Water Prawns
🔸 400 g Water Prawns
🔸 25 g Mung Bean Vermicelli
🔸 1 Garlic clove (minced)
🔸 1 1/2 Tbsp Butter
🔸 1 tsp Sugar
🔸 1/2 tsp Salt
🔸 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
🔸 Cilantro (chopped)
🔸 Green Onion (chopped)
1. Soak the Mung Bean Vermicelli into a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes.
2. Minced 1 clove of Garlic.
3. Fry half of the minced Garlic until it turns golden brown.
4. In a small bowl add in 1 1⁄2 Tbsp Butter, the remaining raw Garlic, fried Garlic, 1⁄2 tsp Sugar, 1⁄2 tsp Salt, 1⁄4 tsp Black Pepper, and your fried Garlic. Mix everything together.
5. Use a pair of scissors to remove the antenna and legs from the Prawn. Then cut down the shell along the back. Use a knife to slice the back open. Devein the Prawn.
6. Spread open the back and add Garlic Butter.
7. Place the soaked Mung Bean Vermicelli on a plate and put the Prawns on the Mung Bean Vermicelli.
8. Add 1 cup Water inside the Instant Pot and place trivet in. Place plate on top and Steam on High Pressure for 4 minutes.
9. Remove plate and garnish with some chopped Green Onion and Cilantro. You can enjoy this with some Vietnamese Dipping Fish Sauce or Soy Sauce if you’d like!