Mango Sticky Rice
🔸 1 cup Glutinous Rice
🔸 2/3 cup Water
🔸 Pandan leaves
𝘊𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘵 𝘚𝘢𝘶𝘤𝘦 :
🔸 2/3 cup Coconut Milk
🔸 1/2 tsp Salt
🔸 1/2 cup Sugar
𝘚𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘊𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘵 𝘊𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 :
🔸 1/2 cup Coco Milk
🔸 1/4 tsp Salt
🔸 1 tsp Cornstarch + 1 Tbsp Water Mixture
1. Wash the Glutinous rice a few times until the water runs clear. Place the Rice in a stainless steel bowl and add 2/3 cup Water. Make sure the rice is submerged. Add pandan leaves to the top. Put the bowl on a trivet and place it inside the Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of Water, Pressure Cook on High Pressure for 13 minutes, 10 mins NPR.
2. While the rice is cooking, in a small saucepan, bring 2/3 cup Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup Sugar, and 1/2 tsp Salt to a simmer on medium heat. Whisk until sugar is fully dissolved. Turn off heat.
3. After 10 minutes is up, remove rice bowl from Instant Pot. Pour the warm Coconut Sauce onto the rice and use a rice spatula to mix well. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and let it sit until the liquid is absorbed for 30 minutes. Half way through, give the rice a mix, cover and continue to let it sit.
4. To make the Salted Coconut cream, heat 1/2 cup Coconut Milk, 1 tsp Cornstarch + 1 Tbsp Water mixture, and 1/4 tsp Salt in a small saucepan on medium heat. Whisk until the cream has thickened. Once you start seeing bubbles, turn off the heat.
5. When ready to serve, plate the sticky rice on a plate, drizzle/pour some Salted Coconut Cream onto the rice, and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top. Serve with sliced or diced ripe mango.