Instant Pot Mi Hoanh Thanh - Vietnamese Wonton Noodle Soup
𝘛𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘞𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘴:
🔸 Wonton wrappers
🔸 1 lb Ground Pork
🔸 ½ lb Shrimp (peeled & deveined)
🔸 1 ½ Tbsp minced Shallot
🔸 1 Tbsp Chicken powder
🔸 1 Tbsp Sugar
🔸 ½ tsp Salt
🔸 ½ tsp Black Pepper
🔸 ½ tsp Garlic Powder
🔸 1 Egg + 1 Egg for Egg Wash
🔸 All-purpose flour
𝘛𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩:
🔺 2 ½ lbs Pork Bone
🔺 2 cans Chicken Broth (14 oz.)
🔺 2 Tbsp Chicken Powder
🔺 1 Tbsp Dried Shrimp
🔺 1 Yellow Onion (medium)
🔺 ½ Tbsp Salt
🔺 ½ Tbsp Sugar
🔺 2 Liters boiling Water
🔺 1 stick Preserved Sweet Radish
🔹 Egg noodles
🔹 Bok Choy
🔹 Chives (cut in 2 inch pieces)
🔹 Green Onion (chopped, leave the ends as a whole for the soup)
🔹 Fried Shallot, Black Pepper, Hoisin Sauce, Sriracha
🔹 𝙤𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 : Shrimp or Char Sui (𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳 𝘚𝘶𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵)
1. In a large bowl, add 1 lb Ground Pork, ½ lb Shrimp, 1 ½ Tbsp minced Shallot, 1 Tbsp Chicken Powder, 1 Tbsp Sugar, ½ tsp Salt, ½ tsp Black Pepper, ½ tsp Garlic Powder, and 1 Egg. Combine everything together.
2. Take the Wonton wrapper, spoon 1 tsp filling onto the center, and lightly add Egg Wash around the rim. Do NOT overstuff. Press the edges together to form a wonton. Repeat steps to finish filling. Sprinkle All-purpose flour over the wontons to prevent them from sticking together. Freeze any leftover uncooked wontons.
3. Parboil the Pork bone in water for 5 minutes. Wash and place it inside the Instant Pot. Add 1 stick Preserved Sweet Radish, ½ Tbsp Sugar, ½ Tbsp Salt, 2 Tbsp Chicken Powder, 1 Tbsp Dried Shrimp, and 1 medium Yellow Onion. Pour in boiling 2 liters Water, Pressure Cook on High Pressure for 6 minutes, QR.
4. In a pot, boil water and blanch the Bok Choy for 1-2 minutes then place it into your bowl. In the same pot, add the Egg noodles and cook it according to the package instructions then remove. Again in the same boiling water, add the Wontons and boil for about 5 minutes on medium high heat. Wontons are done once they float to the top. Add to your bowl.
5. Once the 6 minutes has been up for the IP, you can skim off the fat layer on top of the soup. Add in Green Onion (ends). Pour 2 cans of Chicken broth. Give it a stir. Press Sauté mode and bring the broth to a boil. Press Cancel. Ladle broth to your bowl and garnish with Garlic Chives, chopped Green Onion, Fried Shallot, Black Pepper, and some chilies. For additional protein, add in Char Sui or Shrimp to your bowl (𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳 𝘚𝘶𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵).
𝙏𝙞𝙥 : When you make your bowl, drizzle about 1 tsp Sesame Oil over the noodles and give it a mix. This step will add a nice touch of flavor to your bowl!