Hong Kong Egg Tarts
🔸 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
🔸 1⁄3 cup Sugar
🔸 3 Eggs Yolks
🔸 1 cup Milk
🔸 1⁄4 cup Half and Half
🔸 Egg Tart Molds
1. In a small sauce pan on medium-low heat add 1⁄3 cup Sugar, 1⁄4 cup Half and Half, and 1 cup of Milk. Stir everything together until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar have dissolved, turn off heat and let your milk mixture cool completely.
2. In a separate bowl, beat 3 egg yolks.
3. Pour beaten egg yolks in the milk mixture once it’s been cooled.
4. Strain the mixture through a sieve and set aside.
5. Layout your Puff Pastry Sheet. Make sure it’s not frozen, if it is leave it out for about 30 minutes for it to thaw out.
6. Using a circle cookie cutter, cut out small circles.
7. Press the dough into an Egg Tart mold.
8. Pour in the filling. DO NOT fill to the top, you need to leave some space. Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes or until golden.
9. Remove from oven and let it cool down. Enjoy it warm or at room temperature.