Eggplant in Garlic Sauce
🔸 2-3 Eggplants
🔸 1 Thai Chili
🔸 1⁄3 cup Sugar
🔸 4 Garlic cloves
🔸 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
🔸 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
🔸 Green Onion (chopped)
🔸 Vegetable Oil
1. In a Mortar & Pestle, add 1 Thai Chili and 4 Garlic cloves. Smash it together until it’s fully broken down into little pieces.
2. Add 1⁄3 cup Sugar and continue smashing to incorporate everything.
3. Add in 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce and 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice. Mix it all up and set the sauce aside.
4. Wash your Eggplants and cut it into 2 inch pieces and then down lengthwise.
5. In a wok on medium to medium low heat, start by adding 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil and add in the Eggplant, white part faced down first. Cook for a few minutes until it softens and then cook the skin side for 1 minute. Add more oil when it dries out. Continue until all the Eggplant pieces are cooked.
6. Once soften, use chopsticks/tongs to squeeze out the excess oil and place it on a plate. Pour sauce over the Eggplants. Garnish with chopped Green Onions and enjoy!