Che Bot Loc / Cendol - Vietnamese Coconut Pandan Dessert
🔸 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
🔸 3 Tbsp Rice Flour
🔸 2 3/4 cup Water
🔸 1/3 tsp Pandan Paste
🔺 5 Palm Sugar (semicircle shaped~ about 5 Tbsp/88g)
🔺 1/4 cup Water
🔹 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
🔹 1 Tbsp Sugar
🔹 1 tsp Tapioca Starch + 1 Tbsp Water (slurry)
🔹 Pinch of Salt
1. In a small pot on medium low heat, add 5 Palm Sugar (semicircle) and 1/4 cup Water. Break the Palm Sugar down until it’s fully dissolved. Turn off heat and let it cool down completely.
2. In another small pot on medium low heat, add 1/2 cup Coconut milk, 1 Tbsp Sugar, and a pinch of salt. Give it a mix. Once it begins to bubble, pour in the slurry and stir until it thickens. Turn off heat and let it cool down completely.
3. In a medium pot on medium heat, use a whisk and stir together 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch, 3 Tbsp Rice Flour, 2 3/4 cup Water, and 1/3 tsp Pandan Paste. Mix well. When the liquid begins to clump together at the bottom of the whisk, turn the heat down to low and stir vigorously until it becomes a dark, translucent paste/batter. Turn off heat. (Please keep in mind you will need the paste to stay warm in order for it to work).
4. Fill a large bowl with lots of ice and some water. Using a potato ricer with large holes, add some of the batter and lightly press down. The batter will fall like raindrops into the water. Continue this process until you are done with the batter.
5. To assemble, add the green jelly to a cup, spoon over some of the sugar syrup, and then top it off with the coconut cream. You can adjust the sweetness level to your own liking. Mix it up, add some ice, and enjoy!!