Bun Bo Xao - Vietnamese Beef Noodle Salad
🔸 1 lb Beef (thinly sliced, I used Filet Mignon)
🔸 1⁄2 White Onion
🔸 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
🔸 1 1⁄2 Tbsp Sugar
🔸 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
🔸 4 tsp Lemongrass (+/-)
🔸 1 Tbsp Chicken Powder
🔸 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
🔸 Fried Shallots
🔸 Crushed Peanuts
🔸 Bean Sprouts
🔸 Lettuce (roughly chopped)
🔸 Herbs of your choice
🔸 1-2 Cucumbers (julienned)
🔸 Rice Vermicelli Noodles
🔸 Pickled Carrots & Daikon
🔸 Vietnamese Dipping Fish Sauce
𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦: 𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙨 & 𝘿𝙖𝙞𝙠𝙤𝙣 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝙑𝙞𝙚𝙩𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝘿𝙞𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙁𝙞𝙨𝙝 𝙎𝙖𝙪𝙘𝙚 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘴.
1. Julienne 1 Cucumber and cut 1/2 White Onion into slices.
2. Slice beef thinly. Season with 3 minced Garlic cloves, 4 tsp minced Lemongrass, 1 Tbsp Chicken Powder, 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce, and 1 1⁄2 Tbsp Sugar. Set aside for 30 minutes.
3. In a pan on high heat, add 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil and sauté the sliced Onion for 1 minute. Add in the seasoned Beef and stir fry until it’s fully cooked. Turn off heat.
4. Cook the vermicelli noodles per package instructions and rinse it under cold water. Let it cool briefly.
5. To assemble: In a large bowl, add chopped lettuce and your choice of herbs, vermicelli noodles, pickled Carrots and Daikon, Cucumbers, and the cooked Beef. Top it off with crushed Peanuts and fried Shallots. Spoon over some Vietnamese Dipping Fish Sauce to your liking, mix, and enjoy!