Banh Mi Khoai Mi Nuong - Vietnamese Cassava Cake
🔸 1 bag frozen Grated Cassava
🔸 2/3 cup Sugar
🔸 100 g Tapioca Starch
🔸 1 ½ cup Coconut Milk
🔸 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
🔸 6 Tbsp Condensed Milk
🔸 1 Egg
🔸 7" Cake Pan
1. Make sure to thaw the frozen Grated Cassava before starting.
2. In a large bowl, add the Grated Cassava, 2/3 cup Sugar, 100 g Tapioca Starch, 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, and 1 ½ cup Coconut Milk. Whisk everything together.
3. In a separate bowl, add 6 Tbsp Condensed Milk and 1 Egg. Whisk to combine. Pour it into the batter and continue to whisk until it’s evenly mixed. Before baking, add 1 tsp Vegetable oil. Give it a final mix.
4. Coat the inside of the cake pan with Vegetable Oil, be sure to include the sides. Line the base with parchment paper.
5. Pre-bake the oven to 356° F. Once it’s ready, pour in the batter and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool down completely to room temperature. Use a plastic knife to run it around the edge before removing the cake from the pan.
7. Cut it into slices and enjoy!